Friday, June 5, 2009

I Want to Ride My Bicyle..Bicycle...







On my rare day off from the FARR'S (Come visit me my offer for 2 free scoops are still good if you want more information see yesterday's post)
I had a great day. I woke up watered the lawn talked to my flowers it was a rather fruity conversation a brief excerpt:

Me: My Coconut you are just blooming! Keep it up! We need to get you some potting soil to keep you upright now don't we?

Coconut: silent

Me: Mr. Mango! What is wrong with you? You are a little droopy today. Is it Ras? Is she giving you grief? Lets move you to another warm spot shall we?

Mr. Mango: Silent

I won't bother you with the rest of the conversation. Needless to say I was in need for person to person conversation. It was in the middle of watering Watermelon that my Father stopped by for a "surprise inspection" of the bungalow and to race at the Business Depot.

My childhood has revolved around the bicycle since I can rememeber. Weekends of bike tires, men in spandex, and many hours of boredom for a few moments of flash of color. Remeber this was pre-Lance Armstrong. While kids Dads watched the Superbowl or NBA playoffs I could rattle off the stats on all the Tour De France winners.


Yet last night was the first time that I had been to a bike race after the disaterous Logan to Jackson race of 2002. But that's a different post for another day.

As I sat on top of the trusty Honda I watched my Dad raced.

I was impressed.

I was proud.

I got a free meal at Jumbo burgers. ( I got the Hawaiian Burger. Seemed rather festive).

The pic above is dad on the white bike talking to Weston about the race. It was beautiful night. Also since there is nothing to do till the racers race by I took some pics. Enjoy!

Socks and Sandals. A common offense at Bicylce racers. This plague needs to be stopped. Do people a favor hide their socks from their sandals and the world will thank you!




SPANDEX! Need I say More?


Bridget Jones Moment:

BMI:31.2

Attitude: A little Blue

Water: 4 liters

Breakfeast: 40z of yogurt

Lunch: Sandy's Grilled chicken Pesto sandwhich (half) and pasta salad

Dinner: Hawaiian Burger with French fries. Sometimes you just have to silence the inner beast.

Ps. This is yesterday's Bridget Jones Moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment