Friday, September 1, 2017

Look at What You Made Me Do



Trigger warning: Serious White people problems ahead. You have been warned.


I was as they say in polite society, having a moment. See this morning my deaf boy alarm didn’t go off.  Which as we all know sets the theme for the whole day. While I was grateful that it wasn’t so late in the morning that I would have to do the walk of shame, it was however the time I normally leave my house I did the panic dash into the shower.


Cause I am not cute enough to rock the homeless look.


Driving into work I turned on my Dolly Parton, when you are going to work 9-5 you might as sing it at the top of your lungs. Shut up. I have you know I’m the best car singer I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. That and seeing the carpool Mom’s eyes when I hit the high notes was. PRICELESS.


After dealing with three school zones and being followed by the high way patrol I finally walked into work. Ever want to know if you are a person of routine if someone parks in “your” spot if your reaction is HOW DARE they you know you might need to shake things up. Plus, when I got to the work fridge having to throw 15 of the same salad dressings (I’ve watched them. They have been there for two months. AM. NOT SORRY.) I finally was ready to get the day started.


Fast forward of a lot of meetings and me making two fortune catchers and playing a mean game of M.A.S.H with myself it was time to put this work day to an end.


While I felt unsettled all day I realized that maybe it’s a good thing once in a while to shake up your life a little.


But if someone parks in my parking spot** again we may have to have some words.  


**There is no assigned parking**

No comments:

Post a Comment