Friday, September 22, 2017

All You Get From Love is a Love Song

Me explaining my Mocha Chiller/Frappuccino  addiction to others.  
“It’s a dirty old shame but all you get from love is a love song” is what the Carpteners sing but I believe the only thing you get from love of a beverage is love handles and a guilty conscious. (It’s a Mormon thing. But they are selling caffeine on BYU campus so progress! But that’s a post for another day.)

 Lately I’ve realized that all the food items that I thought were all so wonderful really weren’t. Don’t get me wrong they tasted wonderful but I wasn’t eating them or drinking them to enjoy them I was doing it to avoid my emotions. When I was sitting in the drive thru at Starbucks and they gave my favorite drink (a (size redacted) Java Chip Frappuccino with four shots of expresso and two pumps peppermint.) I looked at it and went this kinda looks a little gross. (It didn’t.) I should throw this out. (I didn’t.) As I drank the whole thing I asked does this make me happy?


No.

So I’m writing this in staff meeting wondering if this is what adulting is wondering what other habits I've picked up that need to be Marie Kondo'd. 

I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment