Friday, September 15, 2017

With His Head Stuck in a Book



Do you have a favorite book (or books) that you read at various times of year?

I do.

They are like old friends who live in different parts of the world that I rarely get to see but when they show up it’s like nothing has changed.

I believe books should be like your friends. Enough variety to keep it interesting and expose you to thoughts and ideas you’ve never thought of.

When the weather snaps and the temperature drops I sneak to the book case and I grab my old worn out paper back of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone or perhaps the Land of Oz series.  A warm cup of tea, a big ole warm Minky blanket, and I light all the candles in my mason jars and I sit on my porch staring at the trees in the midst of change themselves and watch while the night comes on.


So tonight, when I felt the change in the weather and the change in me, the nights are getting colder and the air is getting crisp I knew it was time. Gathering the necessary supplies, I sat in my chair took a deep breath and picked up Practical Magic and began. 

No comments:

Post a Comment