Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Sit Right Down and Write Myself A Letter

I'm fatter in person.
From the desk of the editor of Blake Got Fat:

Dear Skinny people,

Can we talk?

Several months ago, I was at a party when the person who unsolicited began telling me all the things I needed to do lose weight.

If she had the heard the comments inside my head she would have taken to her bed and told small children that I was a bad man. They were so dark that even dangerous gangs would have avoided that neighborhood.


Yet I stood there with a grimace trying to make it look a smile saying no really go on about this point system…


For those of you wondering it is never okay to give a fat person unsolicited weight loss advice. We don’t wake up and stare at the mirror and go oh dear how did that happen? Also introducing us as your fat friend? Not cute. Or saying Are you going to eat all that? Doesn’t help. In fact, I will eat more in a fat sense of 
defiance.



We could probably give you advice on all the various diets we have tried plus our various successes and failures. And if one more person says it’s really simple just eat less and move more I’m going to stab you with my fork. Plus, with a jury of my peers (aka fat people) they would deem me innocent and have you give me a settlement just saying.



As the person drifted away and headed home I knew that they had sat in the car and said oh I made a difference tonight! Yeah lady. Big difference you helped me choose Haagan Daz over Ben & Jerry’s way to be a mother Teresa.


This is why I always offer a sympathetic ear and empathy I will never give you unwanted advice. However, I will give you the links and tools that I’ve been using. If they work for you GREAT! If not keep on trying and if you are taking a break that’s okay too.

So, the moral of the story is. Keep your unsolicited advice to yourself and the world will be a better place.

K?

Thanks.

Love the fat man in the Lulus.







No comments:

Post a Comment