Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Walking after Midnight

I don't love donuts. They aren't my "drug" of choice. I'm rather a chocolate , ice cream, and cake (and apparently Girl Scout cookies) kinda of guy. But today at a work meeting the treat for the crowd (aka us the bored audience) were presented with red velvet cake doughnuts with cream cheese frosting. I'm not a huge fan of red velvet (unless its in the shape of an Armadillo) but as I sat there in meeting smelling the two people besides me eating their doughnuts I went nuts.

I couldn't focus. But perhaps it was just the meetings fault. I mean how exciting is goal planing for a bunch of food service employees (its not trust me). Do you know how good red velvet doughnuts smell after an hour? They don't smell disgusting I'll tell you that. So I caved dear friends. But after eating half of the dumb thing I thought to myself this isn't that great. In fact its rather dry and the frosting is the only redeeming factor for this doughnut. So I threw it away.

Yay me?

2 comments:

  1. Yay you. I probably would have kept eating it, all the while thinking to my self "why am I still eating this?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I don't know that I could be so strong I LOVE donuts and cinnamon rolls, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete