Monday, April 25, 2011

Where Are Destinations Lie

A few weeks ago a dear friend of mine passed away due to suicide. He had been battling depression for a very long time and he had a rough couple of months and in the note which he emailed to us he wrote "I wish I had made an impact on people's lives". Which I wish I would have told him how his laughter and focus to others had taught me so much when I was an R.A.

After running the other day my ipod ran out of battery. Which meant I had a whole lot of free time in my head to think (which is a very dangerous pastime) and so I started my power 26 program. Instead of thinking about how people had made an impact on me I figured why not tell them? Since I'm rather awkward speaking sometimes I figured why not just write a letter? So I wrote 26 letters to those whose lives have impacted mine for the better. Now I haven't mailed them all out yet. I've been rather lazy. But what I learned is that when you think you are alone you really aren't. All you have to do is think of the things, the people, the lives of people you love and suddenly its not so bad anymore.

So in less dramatic news I ran 18.11 miles on Saturday. Which I still can't believe I did it. It was fun up till mile 17 and then it felt those old cartoons where out of no where a wall appears and the coyote runs into it. So the last mile was rather a long and painful stroll. However if I had been smarter I would have not seen the new Arthur so late. (BTW? I liked it. Not as good as the Dudley Moore version but it did the job of entertaining me.) Working at 5:30 am and then off to run doesn't bode well I've learned.

Oh well. This is my last week of the long runs before the marathon. 20 miles and then it drops down till May 21st. I I so excited! No really I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment