Wednesday, January 3, 2018

If I Dare


The scary part of dreams is the possibility is that they can come true.

It’s a lot easier to say you are going to do something than it is to actually do it.  For example, I have challenged myself to write everyday even if it’s junk. Since making this grand declaration I’ve made two business calls I’ve been avoiding, fixed my password on my fitness pal, dusted, and if I’m a good boy and get this post gets completed I get to eat breakfast.  

Cause this year is the year of being Brave (no not dressing like Merida wearing a red wig and talking with a fake Scottish accent. Just had to clarify.) Last year Karisa gave me the challenge of giving yourself a word instead of a resolution. 2017’s word was Freedom. I broke it up into three areas. Freedom from debt, Freedom from work (a.k.a I needed a new job), and Freedom from being fat. I am happy to report I’ve accomplished all three though the last one I’m still working on and probably will be for the rest of my life. More details to come. 

So, this year word is bravery or being brave. I’m rather timid. When I have to make business calls or tell people what I need I end up apologizing for being such an inconvenience.  So, I’m no longer apologizing for exisiting.  I will still apologize if I’m wrong, being rude, or when it’s truly warranted. I’m sorry? (Dang it! Okay still working on this one.)

Second, the second area is related to the whole Blake-fat-ness. I’m being brave this year by taking charge of my health. Last year I gave myself the freedom to start exploring what was wrong with me (apparently quite a lot.)  and starting laying the foundation to heal said problems. In the act of being brave this year I’m going after the dream of discovering my abdominals (my first reaction was to write an I’m sorry for being vain but now am reformed. Progress!) and getting out the big 200’s.



Third, this year is the year of being brave and starting the process of home ownership. This is the scariest one of all considering how much I have fallen in love with my apartment. I mean the location is perfect and I love the feeling I get when something breaks and I can call the landlord and say BOY that sounds expensive! But like all love affairs sometimes good things have to end. 

What's your word for 2018? 




No comments:

Post a Comment