Thursday, January 4, 2018

A Beginners Guide to Pumping Gas at Costco

Just past Elko and on my way to
Winnemucca Nevada.
 
I drive a mom’s car. I realized this as I was pumping gas (unlike Oregon we actually have to pump our own gas and its as tragic as it sounds.) standing in the cold at Costco this morning at six a.m. I bring this up because there are certain advantages of driving Blue Toyota RAV-4 in Mormon Mommy land.

For example.

I drive the same model as my parent’s former bishop’s wife. While this has never happened, I’ve always wanted my mother to say I saw your car at Brewskies last night and to dramatically pause and respond with that wasn’t me that was Sister-former bishop’s wife. Guess she fell off those steps.

Also, it comes in handy when I have to park at my friend’s kids sporting events, shows, parties etc. Whenever I park all the other Dad’s give me the head nod thinking I’m a member of the family hauling vehicle club. The only family my car hauls is matching IKEA pieces. But still it's a nice thought.

When I’m at the drive thru treating myself at McDonalds I fit right in with the rest of the crowd.

These are the things you think about when it’s four degrees and you are the first person pumping gas at Costco in the morning.  I have done weekly for so long that I have gotten to know the Gas attendant John.  John is my source of all things Costco. He reassured my fat little heart that the Kirkland Signature pants will be coming back. (I had a brief scare this Christmas when all I could find was the ghetto stiff cheap style Buckle pants. Umm no.) also when the best time to hit the magic hour when it’s actually slower but they still have samples. You would think I would tell you but then again, I’m not that nice. Sorry. Not sorry.  

And you thought I just stood and stared at my dirty car when I pumped gas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment