Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting to Know You

I'm starting a new feature here on Blake Got Fat. I figured I'd take a page from Oprah's handbook and feature some guest. Cause Even Oprah gets tired about talking about herself. So today I'm inviting my first guest.

AMANDA!

I first met Amanda when my sister (aka the princess) was competing in her first ironman down in St. George. I knew I was going to be very good friends with Amanda when riding in the car I hear this sassy southern girl go "OMG Y'all I need a Starbucks!" from that moment I was grateful for the chance to have met her. Though I don't see her often I am very lucky that I have gotten to know her this past year. She is an awesome mom and a great friend to my sister.

So Amanda here is you first question

What was your most inspiring workout?

Running the trails through the vineyard, because it is just me and tough terrain. And as much as I don't really care for nature it is quite pretty and I often find friends like deer, turtles, and ducks on the trail with me.

I love that you make friends with certain woodland creatures. That's hilarious! Next question.

If you listen to music when you workout what do you listen to?

Always music! I have to have music so loud that I can't hear my own breath. When I feel like I can't keep going, I pace my stride to the beat of the music. Although I love a good fast pace beat from Kanye or Rihanna, I also love a strong tune from Kings or Dashboard Confessional.

Amanda! Me too! I love to listen to the Momma Mia soundtrack too cause I know the words and I often find myself singing them out loud. Glad to see that we have that in common! Now Amanda here is a funny question but people have been dying to know what is your dirty little secret food?

Cinnabon! The classic roll, nothing mini here!

Yum! Cinnabon. When I was running through the Atlanta airport I could smell them and I wanted them so bad. I'm proud of you for not being shy and having a full one! So what is your next goal? Something you've been working on?

A Half Marathon.

That is awesome! I did my first one in May and it was such a great experience. We will be all cheering you on. Now last question cause I believe in getting people's positive views on life how do inspire yourself on bad days?

Honestly, keeping small races sporadically placed throughout the year is what helps me stay on track. If I have a race in the near future, then I know I better stay on top of my training.


Amanda thank you so much for being a guest here on Blake Got Fat! You are wonderful and please visit us again!

Come back tomorrow and see who the next guest is! Who knows it could be you! If you want to be a guest leave a comment here or on my facebook page!

Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment