Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm A Yankee Doodle Dandy..

(Here's the Nip and I on my birthday at the Oaks)

So happy 4th of the LY! See in the ever famous Farr lore we don't use the word July. Why? Well we just have prejudice towards the letter JU. No actually years ago we all used to go up to the ever restorative family retreat in Sun Valley Idaho. Al l twenty four members would caravan, fly and drive up and have a grand ol'e party. And if you have met my family? We party. Hard.

So anyway back to why its the 4th of LY instead of July. When my cousin Andrea was about 4 she couldn't say July so on the fourth she came out and addressed us all with HAPPY FOURTH OF THE LY! So now and forever it shall be known as the fourth of the LY! Confused yet? No? Good.

This year I started a new tradition. I've decided that every year I'm going to read the Declaration of Independence. Cause I realized today as I read those wonderful words written years ago inspires me to be a better person. To respect the rights of others. To be an independent person. I encourage everyone to read it. Remember that "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." so between eating that hamburger and lighting the fireworks give a little thanks, live your life, and above all this pursue your happiness whatever it maybe.

HAPPY FOURTH OF THE LY!



Have a great fourth everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment