Thursday, April 19, 2018

Who Needs Therapy When You've Got Gilmore Girls




My life lately

Several months ago I went to a new doctor to get my thyroid under control. For those of you playing the at home game several years ago my thyroid decided that it wasn't in the mood to work anymore. Which lead to all sorts of issues (i.e. psoriasis, super weight gain (the regular weight gain I claim.) and all other things we don't talk about in polite society. 2018 was the year I was going to get that shiz under control. 

Between the chemotherapy it was decided to go on hormone replacement therapy as my levels were extremely low. With that order off it went. 

Well. There was a little whoopsie. 

Just a titch. 

When you go on hormone replacement therapy it raises your estrogen as well so you have to take a blocker so that you don't develop man boobs and or other complications. 

Guess what the pharmacy forgot to give me. 

Yup. 

So I've been a hormonal mess for the last three months. After working in mammography for four years I always joked I got silver status in understanding women. 

I think I've achieved Gold status. 

So when I found myself sobbing like deep ugly crazy sobbing that Lorelai broke up  with Luke with Chris*(*this didn't deserve a spoiler alert cause you've had like 15 years.Statute of limitations. So that's on you. Just saying.) Oh and the hot flashes. 

Can we talk about the mother loving hot flashes? 

Seriously. Like fires of Mordor hot at three a.m. every morning. Sitting in meetings and having to go make out with the ice machine. The worst. Absolute worst. I've gone through so many sheets. TMI I know. However when it's freezing cold in January and you are sleeping with all windows open and the fan on you know you've got a "problem". On the plus side though my power bill has never been lower! Look at me saving energy. 

I'm writing this as an apology to all of you that had to deal with the dramatic, weepy, hand wringing, hormonal, pukey Blake. I'm sorry if I was horribly rude or self centered the last few months. 


But in my defense I had an excuse. 


Thankfully I had Gilmore Girls and bread to get me through. 






No comments:

Post a Comment