Thursday, January 14, 2010

Its Getting Better!

(The following image is from Getty images. No. Its not me. Promise!)

So this post is directed to my dear friend Amy in which I owe an apology and explanation.

To be brutally honest.

I hate running.

This is the inner dialogue inside my head while I run on the treadmill.

OW!!!THIS SUCKS!!! PAIN! OWW!! DOUBLE DONKEY PUNCH!! WHY THE HECK AM I DOING THIS! FAT IS MEANT TO SIT NOT JIGGLE! etc..( When you almost give yourself a black eye due to your man boob it makes you go Oh.this for the sake of goodness I go.)

But the chance.

To run through Disneyland in spandex shorts.

Well more the chance to run through Disneyland (the shorts are another issue but lets not dwell shall we?)

Because I want the chance to say I did it.

I did something that I pushed myself.

I want to be able to show my future kids that I don't have a lot of could/woulda dreams but rather I went after them. Also I hear as you get older the body falls apart. Realistically I have five years then it all goes to hell. So I want to get my use out of it!

So.

After this long rant who wants to join me?

Anybody?

4 comments:

  1. i'm still in boy! i do like to run, its more of a time thing for me and a get out there in the first place thing! we can do it together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. You have some determination...running through Disney in Spandex??! Just watch out for all the creepy old men who buy season tickets to go and people watch there! :) J/K That sounds like a FABULOUS place to run...at least the scenery will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blake,
    I just recently got back into running myself! I read that you don't like it much... =) Have you thought about or tried some type of martial art? Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is GREAT for weight loss and gaining confidence! I've been training it off and on now for 3 years, i love it! Look into it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been wanting to get back into running and one of my friends and i are thinking about doing the disneyland half in october...you game??? :) good for you for running!

    ReplyDelete