Friday, January 25, 2013

Running to Stand Still




There are sweaters.

and then there are sweaters. 

This one spoke to me. It said yes I know I am hideous but I am warm and you are cold. I saw it at the Paul Bunyan thrift shop in Fort Bragg California. It was suppose to be a lovely 60 degree day yet when we got there a cold fog came rolling in off the ocean. 

Hence the emergency. 

I believe my exact words were I'm so freaking cold that if I don't get a sweat shirt or something I'm going die!  I may be a titch melodramatic. I may argue with you but in reality you are probably right. 

But anyway back to the sweater. 

Isn't it pretty? 

I like it. I have the feeling though that this will be one of those sweaters that will vanish as soon as I get married. Poof! Its okay though. Its so beautiful that I know it will find new life somewhere and I'm going to enjoy it while I still have it. I do have one issue though when I wear it I seem to channel Bill Cosby playing Fat Albert "HEY HEY HEY" its not pretty and numerous people have asked me to stop. Yet I can't. 

The sweater won't let me. 

Another accomplishment of this sweater is that I will be able to finally claim hipster status. 

Its all I ever wanted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment