Thursday, September 7, 2017

It Had To Be You

Marla Hooch. Or me the last few weeks.

Marla Hooch is my spirit animal. Marla is from one of my favorite movies A League of their Own.

This is has been me the last few weeks. Just staring at myself in the mirror going well this is going to be as good as it gets.

Today I just wanted a damn doughnut.


Just a single white glazed doughnut with sprinkles on top.

Not asking for a lot. Yet I knew the second I had one doughnut I would have to make sure the white glazed didn’t feel lonely so I would have to make sure it had its buddy old fashioned. Then to seal the foundation I would need a raspberry jelly filled.


The weird thing is I don’t love doughnuts. I mean I’ve been brought up right if you have one and offer it to me I’m not going to say no…

But when I hit doughnut craving stage I know my life is boarder line out of whack.


Cause sometimes a doughnut isn’t a doughnut.

I’m more an ice cream kind of guy.

When I was sitting at my desk earlier today wondering who I could murder, convince, bribe to get me one I knew I was entering the No-Carb-left behind zone. I view bread-like carbs as nature’s way to physically protect us. My armor isn’t metal its sourdough bread, cookies, cupcakes, pasta, basically anything that would make a gluten intolerant person run in terror is what I use to protect myself.

Today I stood strong.


Today I admitted that what I was feeling was lack of confidence and security. I admitted The Life Changing Art of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing: by Marie Kondo scared me.  

I had to hide my car keys.


But I didn’t get a doughnut.


So progress? 

No comments:

Post a Comment