Monday, September 11, 2017

And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going.

Not today Satan!

I lasted five minutes.

I told myself okay I’m thirty-three years old and am a functioning *adult (*most days) and have been through hard personal things. Like trying to put on my skinny jeans. Picture me on the floor with a pair of pliers a'la Brooke Shields 1983. Nothing gets between me and my Kirkland signature. No one.  
In an odd way, I was testing myself to see how brave I really was. Could I handle watching the movie that still to this day gives me nightmares? Or was it just Tim Curry? 

I took the necessary precautions. Lights on, the sun was out, and a pint of ice cream on the stand by (Nothing is truly scary with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s unless you have an appointment your cardiologist) and extra sprinkles. Let’s do this I thought. Popping the DVD (Cause I am of the old school. Ask me about my vinyl collection!) I was ready.

NO.


No.


BAD! BAD CLOWN!


Tim Curry how could you!

So that was my five-minute experience with IT.


Don’t think I’ll be going to see the new one in the theaters.
I however may be calling my therapist wondering if there is a Post traumatic IT watching therapy group.




Thanks a lot *Tim Curry.  




*With all personal apologies to Tim Curry. He's an amazing actor and I love him in Clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment